Notice that posting is normally restricted to DARK members!
The following is just a brief overview of some Markdown features.
I would highly recommend the Markdown cheat sheet as a quick reference. Remember that Markdown does not specify styling such as fonts etc., this is left to the Cascading Style Sheets. Thus the contents are seperated from the styling, ensuring a consistent styling across all pages, posts and projects.
The following pictures should be included:
- A “teaser” picture used in “Project” or “Blog” listings. Its size should be H ∗ W = 400px ∗ 250px.
- An author picture with size H ∗ W = 160px ∗ 160px (if not supplied previously).
Other pictures and images should preferably be in “wide screen” format such as 1:1.6 height to width ratio. In order to reduce load times, the width should be limited to 1200px and the jpg format should be used if applicable.
A recommended picture and image format is H ∗ W = 640px ∗ 1024px.
If a picture needs to be cropped and scaled to size, an application such as GIMP can be used:
- Import the image using Open….
- Crop the image to correct height to width ratio using the Rectangle Select and Crop to Selection tools.
- Then scale the image to desired resolution using the Scale Image command.
- Finally export the image to in the jpg format using the Export As… command, please use “jpg” instead of “JPG” file extension.
A very short Markdown primer:
Include a picture, notice the leading “!” (any submitted images will be placed in the images folder):
Include a link:
Include a YouTube video:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/85p9AQYNTZk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This Markdown file can be found here, notice that it is zipped to prevent Jekyll from processing it.